April 22, 2013

151

Today I am a gypsy! At least that's what a friend told me I looked like.. :)
It was just like any regular Monday but the weather was wonderful again and I had an overwhelming conviction that a sunny day can never fail to put me in a wonderful mood. I sometimes can't even express how beautiful the world is under the comforting watch of the sun and how happy I am to be part of all of the natural and even unnatural processes going on around me. 
A week ago, on a similar day as today, I was laying down on a bench watching a hummingbird. I realized that it was SO small, just the size of my pinky finger, and it always came back to the same exact tree branch after flying off for a few seconds.. Such a tiny thing and yet it has its own motivations and needs and preferences. 
Or sometimes the combination, the harmonious synthesis, of people's daily lives on campus - someone laying out on the grass reading a book, friends chatting about daily things, someone grinding coffee beans at the coffee shop. All at the same time, the sun is beaming down on it all and the breeze will lightly tickle the leaves on the trees transforming them into a symphony of soundless, rustling green bells. Summer...